Batteries in Electronic Cigs
Thankfully, e-cig batteries are fairly standardized in today’s vaping world. The large majority of rechargeable e-cigs take an eGo style battery. eGo-style batteries are long and thin and usually screw on to the disposable cartridge.
These batteries have about a 200-300mAh capacity and last about 200-300 puffs on average. Many vaping companies also come with a portable charging case so you can charge your batteries while you’re out of the house.
In fact, several companies are starting to build portable chargers that resemble e-cigarette boxes. They’re usually large enough to hold a complete e-cigarette, an extra battery, and even an extra cartridge. You can monitor the battery level on the side of the charging case by the blue LED lights.
Not only are these kits stylish, but they blend in perfectly. You’d never know the difference between a standard box and an electronic one without studying it carefully. The carrying case is small enough to fit in your pocket, and it will give you enough power to keep you vaping all day long.
Rechargeable E-Cigarette Price
You’ll want to make sure that you invest in a good-quality rechargeable e-cigarette. Not all rechargeable e-cigs are made equally, and if you go for a cheap one, you’ll regret it in the long run.
The majority of smokers who succeed in quitting turn to e-cigarettes. E-cigarettes are far more effective than nicotine patches and nicotine gum because they help to mimic the smoking experience. One of the reasons it is so difficult to quit smoking is that it becomes a habit. Vaping allows you to keep the habit but give up the harmful side effects.
If you don’t choose your e-cigarette wisely, you might just end up reverting back to cigarettes. You’ll want one with a powerful throat hit and clean vapor. Cheap rechargeable e-cigarettes don’t deliver nicotine effectively.
If you want a device that really hits hard, you’ll want to check out Juul. Juul’s rechargeable e-cigs make use of special nicotine salts that help to deliver nicotine at the same rates as standard cigarettes.
Otherwise, you can look at South Beach Smoke. South Beach Smoke offers large starter packs with enough cartridges to keep you vaping for a few weeks at a time.
There are different criteria you should consider when shopping for your rechargeable e-cigarette. The first quality is size. Would you prefer your e-cigarette to match the size of your standard cigarettes, or would you go for a sleek, pencil-length one? Would you like the design of your electronic cig to be flashy and fun or sleek and classy? What would you like the color of your device to be?
For individuals who just are starting out using e-cigarettes, we recommend that you begin by using a starter kit because it includes everything you’ll need to begin vaping right away.
If you’re not sure, you can either start with a disposable cigarette or a single e-cigarette with a few cartridges before deciding to invest in a larger pack.
It is crucial for new customers to purchase a quality starting kit. Standard rechargeable electronic cig starter kits usually consist of a USB charging cable and/or wall adapter, a set of disposable cartridges, a user manual, and a rechargeable battery. If you’re lucky, yours might even come with a blank refillable cartridge.
To get started, all you need to do is screw the cartridge onto the battery and puff away.
If this is your first time using electronic cigarettes, you may want to try purchasing a kit that comes with a variety of cartridges in different flavors. This way, you will be able to test out a selection of different flavors that come with the cartridges and see which one you prefer.
How to Refill an E-Cig
A typical e-cig cartridge is equivalent to about an entire pack of cigarettes, so a single cartridge should be sufficient for even most chainsmokers. That being said, eventually you’re going to run out of e-liquid. What do you do next?
In most cases, you won’t be buying a refillable e-cig. Most companies sell disposable cartridges with e-cigs to make vaping as easy as possible. Disposable cartridges are great for new vapers because all you have to do is pop them onto your battery to get started. There are no tricky atomizers, no tanks to clean, and no fuss. Just pop on a new cartridge when the old one is done.
While cartridges are convenient, most do find that they are a bit annoying. Not only do they tend to be very expensive, but they’re also only sold in a limited number of flavors. While you can find e-liquid sold in any flavor imaginable, it’s not cost effective for most companies to offer such a wide selection of flavors available in cartridge form. You’ll usually have tobacco and menthol accompanied by a few fruit flavors and maybe a chocolate or coffee. That’s it though. No banana lime twist, no double chocolate fondue, no double caramel latte.
Plus, since the cartridges are designed to be compatible with a specific device, you aren’t able to use any e-liquid bought from other companies. If you’re clever, you might be able to refill a used cartridge, but it’s generally not recommended.
However, there are a few select rechargeable e-cigarette brands, like Mig-Vapor, for instance, that sell refillable cartridges with their e-cigs. These refillable cartridges are made of stronger materials and can be refilled over and over again with any of your favorite e-liquids. If you can find a cheap refillable e-cig that looks like a cigarette, definitely go for it. You’ll save yourself a load of money.
You should just be careful not to use a high-VG e-liquid simply because it will be too thick for the atomizer of an electronic cigarette. It will clog the atomizer and possibly even ruin the device. Instead, you’ll want to stick with standard 50/50 blends.
Other Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette Devices
Though rechargeable e-cigs were the first device of the kind on the market, the vaping world has expanded dramatically in the past ten years. Today, you can find rechargeable e-hookah, e-pipes, e-cigars, vape pens, vape mods, and box mods.
All of these devices have the same basic structure. They have a mouthpiece connected to an atomizer, a tank for the e-liquid, and a battery to power the atomizer. Though some devices have larger tanks and more powerful batteries, they all essentially do the same thing.
Usually, vapers choose to move on to more powerful devices once they’ve used refillable e-cigarettes for some time either because they’re looking for a stronger throat hit or more vapor. These larger devices usually come with wattage and temperature control and very low resistance levels. Some even allow you to build your own coils. The possibilities really are endless.
Pros & Cons of Rechargeable E-Cigarette
Why should you switch to rechargeable e-cigs? We’ve come up with an entire pros and cons list designed to help you make your decision. While e-cigarettes have helped millions to quit cigarettes, they’re not exactly flawless. You should know what to expect when picking up an e-cigarette.
- E-cigarettes do not contain tobacco.
- Your friends and co-workers will not be affected by second hand smoke when you are smoking a rechargeable e-cig.
- No bad breath
- Electronic Cigarettes Cartridges that are nicotine free: You can reduce your nicotine dependence gradually by choosing e-cig liquid with varying concentrations of nicotine. Generally, we recommend that new vapers start with 1.2% of 1.8% and work their way down from there.
- You can use e-cigarettes in public places where smoking is not allowed such as bars, restaurants, parks, and such. Sometimes restaurant owners and medical facilities will request otherwise, but unless they specifically state so, you’re welcome to vape where you please.
- There isn’t the same kind of social stigma attached to vaping as there is to smoking. Non-smokers tend to look down on smokers assuming they’re weak or undisciplined. While vaping isn’t necessarily popular, the people you encounter on the street probably won’t give you the same disapproving glances.
- E-cigs feel, look, and taste just like normal cigarettes.
- There is no smell when smoking an electronic cigarette. This means that no odor will cling to your clothes or furniture.
- You will not have to worry about butts or ash.
- You can choose your flavor. Don’t feel obligated to stick with tobacco. There are thousands of different e-liquid flavors. You can find everything from raspberry to Irish cappuccino, to Fruit Loops. In fact, companies like VaporFi and Mig Vapor even allow you to make your own e-liquid creations.
- Refillable electronic cigarettes come in different colors and designs. If you want to stick with a plate white cig-a-like refillable, that’s fine, but if you’re looking for variety, you can find everything from marbled resin designs to metallic neon tie dye, and more.
- Here’s what we don’t like about rechargeable e-cigarettes
- Rechargeable electronic cigarettes have not been tested by the FDA and so many of the long-term effects are unknown.
- Many might confuse your refillable electronic cigarette for a real one because they look so similar
- Due to the low public awareness, business owners and employees may not let you smoke on their premises assuming that the e-cig is just like a normal cigarette.
- There are strict regulations for purchasing and using e-cigarettes in many places around the world. The Tobacco Products Directive severely limits vaporizers in Europe, and national laws in Australia make it nearly impossible to get access to high-quality vaping equipment.
- There still may be some unidentified health risks with smoking an e-cigarette.
- The battery in the electric cigarette may run out. If you find yourself without an electric cigarette, you might start reaching for a paper, tobacco cigarette.
Final Thoughts on Rechargeable Electronic Cigarettes
Rechargeable e-cigs are, undoubtedly, the way of the future. There is no other product that helps smokers quit as efficiently as vaporizers do.
If you’re considering these rechargeable e-cigs, make sure to take some time to shop around to find one that you like. It does take a little while to get used to vaping, and you may have to try a few different devices until you find something that really works. Lastly, feel free to read through our many reviews here on E-Cig Brands to see what kind of e-cigs might work for you.