How to Take CDB Tinctures?
CBD Tinctures have highly concentrated amounts of CBD, so they are designed to be taken in small doses. The tinctures come in a small dropper which you use to take them in drops. You can apply one of two drops under your tongue. If you’re using a calibrated dropper, you can use the dropper to measure the quantity of tincture you want to take.
After applying the tincture under your tongue, you need to hold it under your tongue for at least one minute to let it absorb before you swallow it. The effects can kick in as fast as 15 minutes after swallowing it.
You can also mix the CBD tincture with your food. You can mix it with pasta, soups, coffee, tea etc. It’s a very subtle way of taking CBD. The tincture bottles are tiny, and you can carry them with you to work or anywhere you want as they can fit into your pocket or purse.
What Are the Health Benefits of CBD Tinctures?
CBD tinctures provide all the health benefits associated with marijuana without you needing to get high. They can help those suffering from anxiety, insomnia, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, muscle spasms, multiple sclerosis, nausea, chronic pain, depression, epilepsy, arthritis, migraines and more.
What is The Difference Between CBD Tinctures and Cannabis Tinctures?
CBD tinctures are different from cannabis tinctures. Don’t make the mistake of purchasing a cannabis tincture instead of a CBD tincture. Cannabis tinctures have all the marijuana cannabinoids in them including THC while CBD tinctures do not contain THC. Cannabis tinctures can get you high, but CBD tinctures won’t make you high.
Can I Vape CBD Tinctures?
Not really. There are some tinctures that can be added to your favorite e-liquid. If the CBD tincture can be added to e-liquids, the manufacturer will state so. Don’t add a CBD tincture to your e-liquid if the manufacturer hasn’t specified that you can do that.
Are CBD Tinctures Legal?
It depends on your location. In Canada and most states of the USA, CBD tinctures are legal for both recreational and medicinal purposes. In the UK and Australia, CBD tinctures can only be bought from medical marijuana dispensaries, and you must have a prescription to do so.
How to Select CBD Tinctures?
- CBD Concentration: You should check the CBD concentration of the CBD tincture carefully before making a purchase. The concentration of the CBD tincture could be as little as 125mg or as much as 1000mg. Finish a bottle of low concentration CBD tincture before moving on to CBD tinctures with higher concentrations.
- Flavor: CBD tinctures come in flavors to mask the bitter taste of raw CBD tincture. You can purchase them in lovely flavors like orange, apple, tangerine, mango, chocolate, mint, lemon, tobacco, etc.
- Chemical-free CBD Tinctures: The marijuana used for the CBD tincture could have been grown in several ways. Pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and other chemicals could have been used during the growth process. These chemicals are then passed on to the CBD tincture. If you’re someone who insists on using organic products alone, then you should opt for pesticide and herbicide free tinctures.
- THC Content: If you are not someone who is looking to get high after using a CBD tincture, you should go for CBD tinctures that are 100% THC free. THC is the psychoactive component of marijuana that makes people high. Go for CBD tinctures that have been created using hemp extract with 0 THC content.
- Calibrated Droppers: If you want to be extra careful with your CBD dosage or you want to get scientific about it, a CBD tincture that comes with a calibrated dropper is what you need. One can’t be too sure when you measure by drops alone. A calibrated or graduated dropper will ensure that you measure the tincture accurately before mixing it with your food or dropping it under your tongue.