In this article, we’ll show you how you can make your choice among the several CBD cartridges available in the market. We’ll show you what to look out for and what makes some CBD cartridges better than others.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a CBD cartridge:
- Flavor: You can buy CBD cartridges in several flavors like vanilla, chocolate, peppermint, menthol, watermelon, cherry, orange, lemon, coffee, blueberry, green tea, whole leaf tobacco etc. You are spoilt for choice so there is no way you won’t find something you like.
- CBD Concentration: The CBD concentration of a CBD cartridge refers to the amount of CBD content in the cartridge. You can get CBD cartridges that have 125mg CBD concentrations and even some that have as high as 1000mg CBD concentration.
- THC Content: THC is the chemical compound in marijuana that makes one high. The THC content of CBD cartridges is usually specified in the product description. The higher the THC content, the more likely you are going to get high from the product. If you don’t want any THC content in your CBD cartridge or you are in a location where the THC content of your CBD cartridge must be minimal, go for CBD cartridges that are certified 100% CBD.
- E-Liquid Volume: CBD cartridges come in different volumes measured in milliliters. The 0.5 ml cartridges are the most common of all.
- PG/VG Strength: The PG/VG strength of the e-liquid in a CBD cartridge affects the viscosity of the liquid inside and how well the e-liquid gets heated up in your vape device. Some CBD cartridge manufacturers opt for a 50/50 strength while some come in 20/80 blends. VG or vegetable glycerin is a sweet, thick liquid that produces more luscious smoke. PG or propylene glycol is a thin, tasteless liquid that gives a higher throat hit than VG. Some people prefer a higher PG content because it provides a better smoking sensation. For other people, PG is too sensitive for them so they can’t use it. If you’re just starting out, you can experiment as you want until you find the right blend for you.
- Nicotine Strength: The amount of nicotine contained in each CBD cartridge vary from one another. The nicotine strength is measured in mg/ml. You can get CBD cartridges with varying nicotine strength from 0 mg/ml or even as high as 24 mg/ml.
- Refillable or Non-refillable: Some CBD cartridges are refillable while some are not. The non-refillable cartridges are disposable. Refillable cartridges are often less expensive, and you can top them up with any e-juice that you want. But if you don’t want to fill up anything, and just want to swap cartridges as you please, you can go for disposable cartridges. Disposable cartridges still last for a long time. Some disposable cartridges last as long as 30 regular cigarettes. So, one disposable cartridge could last you for days depending on how much you vape a day.
- Bundle: Some CBD cartridges come in single packs while some are available in packs of 24. The higher the number of cartridges in a pack, the better the pricing per cartridge. One disadvantage of buying CBD cartridges in packs is that your flavor options might be limited. Some people prefer to purchase single cartridges in several different flavors. But, if you have a favorite flavor, you could order for packs of your favorite CBD cartridge.
- Vape device: These days, vape devices are getting standardized, and cartridges can be swapped from one device to another. But, some cartridges won’t work on some devices. Be sure of the compatibility of a CBD cartridge with your vape device before purchasing it. Check for cartridges that are compatible with 510 threaded devices as most vape devices are 510 threaded.
- Cartridge container: Some CBD cartridges come in sturdy shatterproof containers while some come in containers that are highly fragile. Strong containers mean that the cartridge is less likely to break and cause a mess when the CBD liquid flows out.
How Legal are CBD Cartridges?
The legality of CBD cartridges depends on marijuana legislation in your locality. You are advised to make your findings before you make a purchase.
In some locations like Australia and the UK, you can only buy CBD cartridges locally if you have a medical marijuana prescription from a doctor. In these locations, the CBD cartridges sold must not have THC content that is more than 0.3%.
In Canada and most states in the United States, you can buy CBD cartridges for recreational purposes.